From Wednesday 15th December, new entry procedures are in place at the London Coliseum. All customers will need to meet one of the conditions below depending on their age;
- Anyone aged 18 or over will be required to show either a valid NHS COVID Pass (or international equivalent) as proof of double vaccination or evidence of a negative lateral flow test within the last 24 hours to enter.*
- Children aged 11-17 are strongly encouraged to take a Lateral Flow Test within 24 hours of attendance, and you may need to show the result of this test.
- Children under 11 do not require any additional checks at this time.
You can order free rapid lateral flow tests from the government website or collect them from a local pharmacy.
Please arrive as early as possible and no later than 15 minutes before the performance starts. Main doors and all bars will open 90 minutes before the performance. Auditorium doors open 60 minutes before.
To avoid delays, please have your tickets ready on arrival; download or print your NHS COVID Pass in advance and arrive in good time to allow these extra checks to take place.
All customers must wear face-coverings at all times during their visit unless;
- They are under the age of 11,
- When they are eating or drinking
- If medically exempt.
If you are exempt, please let staff know on entry, and if you have one, please wear an exemption badge. We encourage all customers to be mindful and respectful of others as some people are less able to wear face coverings, and the reasons for this may not be visible to others.
If you arrive at the theatre and do not have a mask with you, our Front of House teams will be happy to provide you with one.
We have a zero-tolerance policy approach to abuse of any kind towards our staff. We ask that all audience members respect our team as they carry out these extra checks.
Refunds and exchanges
The London Coliseum will refund anyone who wishes not to attend following mandated mask-wearing or who cannot comply with the new conditions of entry. Please get in touch with Box.Office@eno.org to arrange.
Please note that cancelling or exchanging your ticket may incur a fee (usually £3 per ticket).
We cannot issue credit vouchers for ENB performances, and you can only exchange ENB tickets for another ENB performance.
If you feel unwell during your visit
If for any reason you do feel uncomfortable with your experience at the venue or begin to feel unwell during a performance please speak to a member of staff and we will make every effort to deal with the situation with a measured and appropriate response.
If you have symptoms
If you have COVID symptoms, you must not attend the venue; this includes if you:
- have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- believe you may be infected with COVID-19, whether you have symptoms or not
- have experienced symptoms in the previous 10 days
- have been in close contact with anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 10 days
- have arrived in England in the previous 10 days from a country where UK quarantine restrictions apply
- have been instructed to self-isolate by test and trace
We encourage customers to check-in via using the NHS Test and Trace QR code, which will be on display at various points on entry into the building, though this will no longer be a condition of entry.
Housekeeping and Sanitiser Stations
We are currently operating an enhanced cleaning program for all front of house spaces. We encourage all customers to use our hand sanitiser stations spaced throughout the building.
The London Coliseum used advanced ventilation systems with both UV and HEPA filters to ensure the air in our building is as changed and as clean as possible.
Our Covid mitigation measures are under constant review and may change at short notice. Please check your emails and the website for the latest Covid status requirements before visiting.
*Proof of Covid status accepted via any of the following:
- Proof of double / triple vaccination via the NHS App.
- Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test taken within the last 24 hours. This will be accepted via the NHS App, or via an official NHS email / text.
- Proof of a negative PCR test taken within the last 24 hours. This will be accepted via the NHS App, or via an official NHS email / text.
- Proof of natural immunity via the NHS App.
- A dated and completed vaccine record card showing evidence of double / triple vaccination alongside ID.
- Foreign-equivalent Covid certification in line with the UK Government guidance – full list here.