Japanese Afternoon Tea
Join us for a selection of Japanese inspired sweet treats and traditional tea.
- Jump to
Join us in the American Bar of the London Coliseum before a matinee performance of Spirited Away for a selection of Japanese inspired sweet treats and traditional tea.
The Japanese Afternoon Tea package includes your own seat in the exclusive American Bar before the show, a trio of Japanese sweet treats and a pot traditional tea.
The American Bar is a secluded speak-easy, located on the lower ground floor, away from the hustle and bustle elsewhere.
Trio of cakes
- Matcha Sponge Cake – with light matcha cream, topped with sesame Chantilly and fresh cranberry.
- Japanese Cheesecake – glazed with yuzu (Japanese citrus fruit) honey, gold dust and fresh strawberry.
- Triple Chocolate Cake – chocolate sponge with light chocolate cream, topped with shaved dark chocolate.
- Sencha Tea – loose leaf green tea, the most popular kind of tea in Japan. Sencha is made from tea plants grown in full sun, which gives the tea a darker colour and more astringent flavour.
- Macha Tea – green tea made from the leaves of tea plants that have been grown under shade. The leaves are ground down to a fine powder, which is whisked with hot water to make tea.
- Hojicha Tea – tea made from the roasted stems and leaves of tea plants harvested in later season. It originated in the 1920s when Kyoto tea merchants started roasting tea stems over charcoal, creating a warm, nutty flavour similar to roasted coffee beans.
Other teas are available.